Thursday, October 17, 2013

'Gifts of Power' exhibition at Chartwell

I was recently approached by the Events Officer of Chartwell House, under the care of the National Trust, to do a series of paintings for their upcoming winter exhibit 'Gifts of Power'. As Chartwell was Winston Churchill's family home, I was of course more than delighted. The paintings feature Rufus I and II (Churchill's miniature poodle I featured in my book 'War Dogs') as well as Jock the cat, who 'still' resides at Chartwell.

Jock the cat

Rufus

More Rufus

Jock himself:


You can see these paintings as well as other features (and perhaps even Jock the Cat) at the 'Gifts of Power' exhibit at the Chartwell Estate this winter. This project was a major thrill! I'll hopefully be able to post photos of the exhibit itself sometime soon.

Many thanks to Emily Christmas for approaching me with this project and to Zoe Roberts for taking over.

No comments:

Post a Comment